Thursday, October 4, 2007

"Jesus The Healer"

Many times those struggling with health issues are targets of the enemy’s lie. Like fiery darts from hell their soul is shot at with words like these, “Your faith is not great enough to be healed.”

Often I’ve sat and listened to precious brothers and sisters unburden their hearts after being shot at by these flaming arrows of doubt and unbelief. No one knows the emotional, spiritual and physical anguish that people with chronic sickness suffer until they go through health issues themselves. As one pastor friend of mine recently said to me, who at this time last year was going through a tremendous health battle, “If you don’t have your health, you don’t have anything until you get it back.”

To all of those who are going through physical and emotional pain and trauma, there is hope in Jesus your healer. Just as the Lord spoke to Moses and the children of Israel when they were delivered from Egyptian bondage, may He speak these words to you today, “I am the Lord who heals you.” (Exodus 15:26) Jesus is your healer. Let me encourage you to not lose hope. He is still the God who heals us, no matter what disease or sickness we are battling.

To those of us who have compassion for the sick and afflicted, the Bible gives us instruction, hope and faith when praying for them. We are taught to simply ask God to heal the sick. The Word of God tells us to lay our hands on those who are suffering, anoint them with oil and pray the prayer of faith to God on their behalf. When we do, we are taught that God will do the rest. “The Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed any sin it shall be forgiven.” (James 5:15)

This Sunday in the 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. services we are doing just that. We will pray for the sick, anoint them with oil and ask God to heal them. When we do, we are going to believe that the Lord Jesus will do the rest. Join us as we celebrate Jesus our Healer, Savior and soon coming King!

Blessings,
Pastor Randy
www.clcalive.org (checkout our new site)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to give my opinion; guess that's what blogs are for, right?

I gotta say -- I'm totally impressed by the understanding shown by the man who wrote this.

As a person who went from incredible health and victory (and arrogance!), down into a multi-year battle from hell (I'm partly back but not all the way yet in manifestation, but I will make it back), I confirm that what this man said here is true. I used to be kind of arrogant, thinking I had it all together, praying for the sick, seeing lots & lots of miraculous healings, but I didn't have very much tolerance for anyone who was struggling receiving. (Now I do!!). But now I understand why it says the Lord was moved with compassion on the people, and I see that we are called to have compassion, rather than judge someone who's being attacked. To restore one another, and to love one another, and to help each other get back on the road so the one who was down can then go help someone else who is in need. I'm just really glad to see someone (wow! a pastor, no less, which shocks me, after all the crappy church-related experiences my wife & I have had over the years) understands that people who are in a health battle need compassion (not judgement, and not sympathy, but compassion & hope & truth & to be around people who are strong in Lord & in the power of His might, who aren't judging him/her).

I'll shut up now, and though I'm still battling, I'm also on the mend (but only because of eating a bunch of the Word recently -- doctors & medical science have been no help at all whatsoever). I want to dedicate the rest of my life to healing the sick, for I've learned by experience (lucky lucky me) some things about how to pray...

Keep that heart position you show here, sir -- in my unsolicited & anonymous & likely valueless opinion, you're right on. I hope this comment is an encouragement to you, that was my intention at least.

(No one knows me, I'm just a Christian dude, and we don't exactly live in your area just now)

Pastor Randy said...

Thank you so much for you kind and encouraging words. It is so inspiring to me, and to others I'm sure when I hear of spiritual growth happening in the hearts of God's people. Stay close to the Lord Jesus, filled with the Holy Spirit and obedient to His precious word. - Pastor Randy